Monday, August 30, 2010

It's College Baby! :)

Dear everybody who reads this. COLLEGE HAS STARTED!
And I have to say... I love it. Everyone told me that I would and I would have a ton of friends, and guess what? I do! It's just wonderful! :) This week I had fun. I started my classes. Some of them are hard but some are pretty easy. My first class is Comm 1010. I have found some nice people in there. There is a very tall blond cute guy. Personally I think we should be friends. Best friends. But apparently i'm not cool enough. I already labeled myself as the nerd in that class since I  did an assignment, took a page, and everyone else took two sentences. And then the teacher told me to read it out loud, and that we could all leave because i'd explained the whole class in my assignment. So sadly I don't think super tall blond dude will be talking to me anytime soon. Unless he needs help with his homework. In this class there are also a bunch of hicks who think I won't get a job because I'm a woman. Or at least I'll get a dish washing job. And they were serious. I didn't ever think that i'd be called a feminist, yet when I got mad at them I was. Funnily enough none of them are married. Interesting... I wonder why. Anyways. I made them shut up when I proved how awesomely womanly I was when I took control of our group project. And today when they asked me if I got a job yet I replied " Maybe. Have you got a life yet?"  Smack down!!!
Anyways, I digress.
My next class is communication research. This one is full of upper classmen. And if you want to talk to a cute guy you have to check his ring finger to see if it's worth it or not. Most of the time it isn't worth it. Anyways. This one is hard. The professor looks just like the captain on Wall-e. (Sadly he sounds like him too!) My next class is interpersonal communication. That's like a discussion class. It usually doesn't have much homework. Which is very nice. But the professor is extremely weird... and old. And talks about her chickens, and her pierced toe, and how she had the knuckle taken out of her toe.  My last class is math 1040- statistics! I love his class because I understand statistics. Even though it takes me like two hours to finish my homework.
This weekend I also had fun, I went down to St. George and partied it up at Dixie State college with my cousins, went to DI, started a quote wall, went to a dance for two songs, exercised to Richard Simmons and many other things. I will now show you some wonderful parts of my college life, through pictures. :)



My roommate Crissy, accepting her childhood dreams.
The place I made for my roommates friend Blaine because he is here so often.
Blaine, in his spot, with the picture I drew of him.
All of blaines necessities.
Nobody knew about the face game here... so I brought it to SUU!
My beautiful friend Maddie- she is so funny! I did her hair. I know. I'm amazing.
Adventures in Walmart are a normal occurrence. Finding these gems... are not.
My friend gabby, at DI with her doll that had a bad run in with some bronzer.
Maddie's new look.
Crissy the professional racecar driver.
DI 3D glasses! :)
Our quote door after two days. There are a lot more now. :)
Alexis hiding beneath a blanket
My room is amazingly decorated. That's my wall.It's the best wall here :)

5 comments:

  1. oh Whitney! lol. some of those quotes (that I can read) are hilarious. looks like you'll have lots of fun in college. ... oh and I love Blaine's spot. lol. what does he think of it? lol.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whit! I love you and miss you and want to visit you soon!! Thanks for being an awesome friend even though you are far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krysta: haha thank you :) The quote wall has grown a lot even now. I think that I will do a blog post about some of my favorite quotes on there. And yes, Blaine loves his spot. He couldn't wait to sit in it! I think I will have lots of fun in college :) I got a letter from your brother the other day and I was all sorts of excited! haha Thanks for commenting :) You should keep me updated on your life :)
    Audrey: You are welcome! I want you to come see me as soon as you possibly can! Because I don't know if I'm coming up in October :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great use of the New York Times! (Actually, I can't bash the Times too much since I have to subscribe to it for my Introduction to International Relations class.

    Sometime you should come visit BYU, and I can show you around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeffrey: It was a great use of the newspaper! and I'll come up to the Y only if you come down to SUU and see my freaking awesome room. haha

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Let me know what you think of what i'm writing about, and tell me ideas of more stuff to write! I love comments because then I know you're reading my blog!!!

Welcome to My Blog!

Thank you for coming to my blog, please stay awhile! Read and comment on everything, even if you want to comment on every single post you read! I like knowing people are reading what I write! If you want me to write about something specific, or give me fun ideas to write about please tell me! I don't ever have enough good ideas for what to write about, and you can help me out!