Monday, January 4, 2010

A Tip for being HAPPY :)

So before I start my actual blog post, let me just say I had an amazing Christmas and I had a wonderful New Years. :) I loved spending time with my family and friends!!!
Anyways, I've noticed with the start of a New Year and around the Christmas holiday most of the time people are more caring, giving, and most importantly happier. But after the holidays and as we return to the daily grind of work or school many people tend to lose the happiness and become more pessimistic. I have noticed this in simply coming back to school for one day after our winter break. My friends are complaining about homework, tests, teachers as well as getting upset with each other, back talking and being rude to one another. Why is it that simply because we are back to the normal routine that we can treat others like this? Is there a law that we can be happy and treat everyone as equals during the holidays but as soon as the new year starts and we go back to our normal lives we can treat everyone like they are lower than us? I haven't heard of any such law. Shouldn't we all be happy and friendly with each other ALL of the time? I would certainly hope so!
Why do people treat others like this? Well one of the biggest reasons is that they aren't happy with themselves, and as its commonly said " Misery loves company". They will try to bring others down with them.  So how can you be happy? I'm going to periodically give tips for being optimistic so we can all, maybe, treat other better :)
Since I'm just starting this, and I have a whole blog post about it I decided I should start maybe with five tips. Here we go! =)
TIPS FOR BEING HAPPY.
1. Don't get offended. It's your choice to become offended when others say something rude or are mad at you. It's their problem. You don't need to make it yours.
2. Don't worry. This one is especially hard for me. If you don't worry about insignificant problems I've noticed you can be a lot happier in your life. You can't change the outcome so don't stress over it.
3. Show appreciation to other people. You are not the best of the best. You are not better than anybody else. Swallow your pride and realize that YOU personally are just as smart and talented as every single person around you. Many of them are better at something than you, maybe you just can't see it because they're quieter or just don't like talking about it. A ton of people around you help you in more ways that you can tell. You probably owe them big if you would just think about what we all do for each other. So tell them so. Thank them.  Maybe if you don't verbally say it, show it with your actions!
4. Take a break. Don't try to everything right here right now. You need to make sure that you can take some time to do something you personally like to do. Develop your talents. Enjoy what you do. Do what you like, and like what you do.:)
5.  When something bad comes your way accept it as something that makes you stronger. Don't dwell on something you can't change, learn to accept it and deal with it.
Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. When you take a break watch Ellen! Thats my tip to being happy! ha ha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Let me know what you think of what i'm writing about, and tell me ideas of more stuff to write! I love comments because then I know you're reading my blog!!!

Welcome to My Blog!

Thank you for coming to my blog, please stay awhile! Read and comment on everything, even if you want to comment on every single post you read! I like knowing people are reading what I write! If you want me to write about something specific, or give me fun ideas to write about please tell me! I don't ever have enough good ideas for what to write about, and you can help me out!